Have you ever thought of the best 20 career advice you can get to help you get to the top in whatever it is you are doing. From interviews with a lot of successful individuals out there, we were able to compile this list.
We share it here with hope that it will be useful to our viewers. Here are top best 20 career advice money can never buy… Read through and tell me which on helped you the most.
Best 20 career advice
1. Work like it’s your last day
on the job and always leave a sign, something like a signature mark of distinction in any task you are assigned so that whenever someone sees it, they’ll know that you are the one that did it. The signature mark is important if you are working as a team in an organization. With the mark, the manager will always know which work you did and maybe give you a bit bonus if the work is too good.
2. Make friends, join Networks and value relationships.
It is believed by many that anything money can do, relationship can also do and there are things relationship (networking) will do that millions of naira will never do for you. There are certain doors relationship will open that money can never open.
3. Go for that 2 years course.
Stop giving yourself the excuse that you are too young or too old. If you are 23 years old now, you will be 25 in 2yrs time, even if you do it or you don’t!
4. If you desire to work for salary, make sure you find a very good one with career progression.
Otherwise, it is advised you go into business or learn a skill. Although getting that kind of job in Nigeria is nearly impossible, a lot of people are also doing well in businesses. You can join something and develop from there.
You may like: 10 Legit ways to make money online in Nigeria
5. Say yes to things you don’t think you can do.
Whether it’s applying for a more advanced job, taking a new task at work or trying to learn a difficult new skill, one of the best ways to rapidly level-up or advance your career is to say “yes” to scary stuff. But this doesn’t mean you should say YES to things you will never be able to do.. For example, a trader saying yes to developing a bank mobile app when you don’t have knowledge on things like that. You just get yourself in trouble. Saying yes here means you accept challenge and task yourself to improvement. Something like a blogger trying to open a YouTube account. This are common things you can easily do to improve yourself.
6. If you desire to be good in what you do, you need to practice it for at least 2 hours each day.Don’t practice only until you get it right, but make sure you practice until you can’t get it wrong. Then seek advice from relevant people/group related to your field of interest.
7. Chase the excellence, not money. It is advised you acquire relevant knowledge first and wait for money to chase you thereafter because money will always follow excellence in any field. But a little money minded spirit has to be there!! Common this is NIGERIA!!!
8. Get your hands a bit dirty in your 20’s. Learn to try out everything you possibly can. That way you can find what satisfies and harmonizes your heart, mind and soul, and also give you money. You know what am talking about, don’t you?
9.try to invest in your career, not only in terms of finance but also spend time to develop yourself by learning other valuable skills. This could end up being your greatest investment.
10. Always do your work diligently and have it at the back of your mind that there is absolutely no limits to what you can achieve.
11. Always follow your heart and only do what is best for your career without sentiments. Also love your job but do not love your company more because you may not know when your company will stop loving you.
12. Try to go beyond the job description. If you ever want to rise above mediocrity, it is necessary to go that extra mile that others would refuse to. Always work as if you are at the next level already and you won’t even need to ask for that promotion.
13. Coming from a humble background is not an excuse to settle for less because there is absolutely no limit to what you can actually achieve. Just put in the right energy in combination with consistency and trust me you will never stand before mere men!
14. Drop those certificates and hustle like a dropout. No matter how small it is, start something! Develop your talent and always stay humble, very necessary.
15. One of the best currency in your career is goodwill. Volunteering will end up doing you a lot of good. As a graduating student, accept any job offer to boost your skills, experience and enrich your CV.
16. A closed mouth is a closed destiny. If you don’t tell them (People) about what you do and what you can offer they won’t know what you are really made of.
17. Under promise and over deliver. Manage expectation. Very necessary
18. When you are choosing a career, go for your passion because when the days get dark (which is inevitable) the satisfaction of doing what you do will keep you going.
19. If you don’t see your job as a hobby which you enjoy… it will more likely look like torture to you.
20. Don’t ever allow what people say be the reason you don’t try something new. It is better you try and make mistakes than not trying it at all. It’s much better to regret your decision than for someone else to make that decision for you. But this doesn’t mean you should make stupid decisions when someone else is there trying to help you with a little advice.
Hope you find these advice useful .. Tell us which one worked for you in the comment box below.
Get a Quick link to all episodic stories Click here